Parks Temporarily Closed March 16 Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Bronx Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, Queens Zoo, and Central Park Zoo
Reopen To All Guests Today
Bronx, NY, July 24, 2020 – The Bronx Zoo reopened to the public today along with the Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, and Queens Zoo to all guests. The official reopening came following four days of members-only access that began on Monday, July 20.
Each park is open at reduced capacity and all visitors must reserve date-specific tickets in advance. For a full list of “Know Before You Go” guidelines, visit each parks’ website. The Bronx Zoo’s Know Before You Go Page and safety video is linked HERE.
Photos/Video For Media Use:
New HD B-Roll of Bronx Zoo open to guests: https://bit.ly/2WReyGx
New photos of Bronx Zoo Open to Guests: https://bit.ly/2W1mpRf
Media Coverage Requests:
Members of the media interested in covering the open zoos, please contact Max Pulsinelli at email@example.com; 571-218-7601 to make an appointment.
Highlights of reopening guidelines for all four WCS zoos:
· Tickets must be purchased online for a specific date/time.
· No walk-up/on-site tickets will be available.
· At the Bronx Zoo, tickets will be sold for entry at 10am; noon; and 2pm. At the other parks, entry time slots will be sold on the hour all day until closing.
· Members and Healthcare Heroes must obtain tickets online and these tickets too will be date and time specific.
· The traditional free Wednesdays at the Bronx Zoo will begin Wednesday, July 29 and require advance ticketing online.
· Masks/Face coverings will be required at all zoos and the aquarium for all visitors ages 3 and up.
· Social distancing protocols will be in effect throughout the parks.
· Cleaning procedures will be enhanced, especially in high-touch areas.
· Lines, stores, and food concessions will be monitored to ensure that mask wearing and social distancing recommendations are met.
· Day camps and education programs will be available online and will be virtual.